XAVER 138 S TURBOMATIC

• Uli,

how bremse works on this tractors? By kardan? or just rear pair?

• You can turn it on and of.

If it is Turned on, you might have a small Brake-effect on the front axis, when you use the rear brakes. But you still have "only" the twi rear brakes, which must be in good condition.

Newer models like Farmer 300 or Favorit 600 LS had four Wheel brakes. Then the front axis had ab brake on the "Kardanwelle".

Beste Grüße
    --------------------------------------------
    Fehlt dem Auspuff seine Klappe,
    war der Ast wohl nicht von Pappe!

• so,the system for brakes is the same as with all other tractors,like,fiat,lamborghini,same,universal, they all have only rear brakes and if you turn on front wheel than you get bremse on first wheel.I wonder the brakes are usually good at the rear at this tractors. Is it safe to drive with hay loader to the hill with that tractor?

regards

• yes,loader probably will be about 15m3

I think this should be ok,because tractor is quite heavy,weight is cca 2700 kg,this must work.

in my country people work this kind of work with fiat 420 dt or univerzal 445,both of them have breakes only in the rear wheel and when you turn on 4 wheel drive,then you have brakes also on the front wheel,am I right?

Can somebody explain to me how really work this with two kuplung? First you have usualy kuplung,and when you start to drive,then what is happening?

regards

• Good evening,

if you are working with a loader or a straw press the pick-up must start before the wheels start to avoid congestion. So, one clutch starts at first the power take-off shaft and the main clutch is powering the wheels.

Sometimes the clutch for the power take-off is controlled by the food pedale (Fendt) of the main clutch and sometimes there is a separated hand lever (e. g. Same tractor).

Tractor's brakes are designed for the tractor and its maximum weight and not for the hay loader or a trailer.

Safety is produced by loader's brakes by an overrun brake or a brake cable from the loader to the driver's seat. A kind of handbrake. Other behavior is very dangerous. While driving down hill with the loader or a heavy trailer and braking there must be tension at the trailer's hitch. For example, automatic air brakes of truck are braking the trailer a half second earlier than the truck itsself.

Best regards

• hello

thank you for information

in my young years we had samo delfino32 and yes we turn of with hand lever. So I asked how it works Fendt

about the brakes-yes you are right about that,i have separate brakes now at my small tractor and withou that is not safe to drive anything

at this moment I have this tractor

https://www.index.hr/oglasi/tomo-vinkovic-732/oid/1572237

it is quite stron 32 hp and not weight enough and it is brekable

but this one have no brakes and it is probably not safe to drive down the hill

https://www.google.com/search?…969#imgrc=kUivVvV68iU4QM:

regards

• Good morning,

yes, I think that it is to dangerous to drive down hill with this press without brakes and this small tractor. The weight of the press is 1000 Kg. There will be a lot of shearing force.

You need a tractor with a loading capacity of minimum 1000 kg (or install an axe with brakes) and a normal distance of the rear wheels and I think minimum 30 hp. A 30 hp standard tractor ist mostly able to brake added 1000 kg if you do not drive faster than 20 km/h (down hill not faster as upwards), have look to the tractor's manual (or google).

On google.de you can find a repair manual of this press.

Best Regards

• Moin moin

what you wrote about the clutches in the farmer 100 series is not all right.

Here we have one clutch shifted with hand lever for the powershaft, another Clutch for the drive and the third clutch (before always mentioned as second clutch) is the turbomatik. Its a hydrodynamic clutch, mounted in the flywheel of the engine. Just search for "strömungskupplung" in the internet.

Beste Grüße
    --------------------------------------------
    Fehlt dem Auspuff seine Klappe,
    war der Ast wohl nicht von Pappe!

• Hello Heron,

have a look to technikboerse.de, landwirt.com, mobile.de, ebay-kleinanzeigen.de, traktorpool.com or google.de with the keyword "Traktor kaufen". I think Austria is also interesting for you.

Yes, you can buy Fendt tractors and other brands in good shape. We are using a 40 years old Fendt Farmer 1d with 2850 working hours. A friend of me has a 106 Allrad with 2000 working hours (Betriebsstunden, Bh). It is looking like new.

But, Fendt and Deutz are often not cheap, if they are in good shape. For 104 to 106 (Allrad) with up to 6000 hours I think estimated between 6.500 to 12.000 EUR. Sometimes you can get a cheap tractor with a damaged Motor or damaged gear box.

Mostly it is not necessary to repair. Germans like changing the oil. I have had a 50 years old Eicher with 14 hp. It has never been repaired. Only the cables from the electric system have been renewed after 40 years with the cables of my mother's old washing machine.

Best regards

• Hello,

to buy a tractor from that handlers it is not so good I think,anyway I'm looking there,but this handlers are conected between themsleves and everything is good it will be sold before it will come to net.

the best is from the first hand.

Would your friend sold the tractor?:)

I like,that you have a club and you all take care of tractors and I know that you will have the best information,and you all helped me.

At first I liked Italian tractors,especially Fiat and Carraro,but now I like Fned more,because I can see that this tractors are well done and inovative .

If somebody knows for some 104SA,105SA,or maybe 106 SA in good shape from a good owner,please let me know.

Please tell me why this tracors have the name Farmer and not all of them?

Which tractor have the best barycenter? I I have the rear wheel in the size 30 whixh size is recommend to the front?

How much aprox. costs fron loader and how much cabin.

I see that some farmer tractors have small box on the left side,is that for tools? Should every models have that?

Regards